- Remember that a Chargee is your neighbour and will probably want to be a regular user of your charger, so most of being a good Host is just being a good neighbour. It is in everyone’s interest to be considerate and make the whole thing sociable and pleasant – even if you choose not to meet face to face at every session.
- You’re always in control, so don’t feel that you need to take on any particular Chargee or more Chargees than you feel comfortable with. Even if you help just one person to make the switch to electric, you’re doing a Very Good Thing!
- Please always communicate with your Chargees. While the app lets you exchange messages, it is not designed to be a real-time communications tool (you already have enough of those). We recommend exchanging details with your Chargees once you’ve connected up so you can talk to each other in whichever way you prefer.
- Set your pricing so that everyone wins. It is absolutely right that you should get some reward for what you are doing; after all you are the one who’s bought and installed a charger. However, do try to ensure the Chargee feels that they are getting a good deal too. (There are tips on pricing below).
- The aim of Co Charger is to make the cost and convenience of EV ownership as close as possible to having a charger at home for a Chargee, while enabling Hosts to get maximum value from their charger. Once you and a Chargee are both happy with the way it all works, find a happy balance between making them feel that freedom of just plugging in and going about their lives while still feeling comfortable with the process yourself.
- Conversely, don’t feel you need to put up with anything you’re not comfortable with. If a Chargee does anything you don’t like, just talk to them, or contact us if you’d like us to help with any issues. Bear in mind that this is new to them, too, so a polite word is likely to be all that’s needed.
- If you are not already doing so, please make sure your home electricity tariff is a genuine, 100% renewables one. This isn’t essential but your Chargees will be happier knowing their car is genuinely carbon neutral. (Be aware that many companies offer what appears to be a ‘green’ tariff but are actually just trading emissions certificates – REGOs – rather than directly paying for or generating renewable electricity. More on this here.)
- The whole concept of Co Charger is fairly new and it is bound to evolve over time. If you have any concerns, queries or ideas, we’d really like to hear from you. You can do it via the app or on the website.
Covid 19 precautions
We find ourselves rolling out Co Charger amid the odd circumstances presented by a global pandemic. As a Host it is vital that you and your Chargee find ways to keep the whole process “Covid Safe”. There should be no need for you to be too close to your Chargee, or even to touch the same items as part of the process – but please do just take sensible precautions to ensure you and your host are protected.