- Remember that a Host is your neighbour and an ‘EV person’ and will probably be keen to ensure your EV experience is as good as it can be, so most of being a good Chargee is just being a good neighbour. It is in everyone’s interest to be considerate and make the whole thing sociable and pleasant – even if you choose not to meet face to face for each session.
- Please always communicate with your Host. While the app lets you exchange messages, it is not designed to be a real-time communications tool (you already have enough of those!). We recommend exchanging details with your Chargees once you’ve connected up so you can talk to each other in whichever way you prefer.
- Book the time that you intend for your car to be at the Host’s location, not the time you expect it to be charging for. The purpose of the booking is to allow you and the hose to make sure the process fits into your schedule – the app will work out the length of the actual charging for you.
- The aim of Co Charger is to provide you with an EV ownership experience that is as close as possible to having a charger at home, while enabling Hosts to get more value from their charger. Once you and a Host are both happy with the way it all works, find a happy balance between your own freedom to just plugging in and going about your life, while still ensuring the host feels comfortable with the process. If you are always considerate when using your neighbour’s charger this will be easy.
- Conversely, if there is anything about how a Host has things set up that you don’t like (access, the state of the charger, pricing or anything else) please do discuss it with them. If you’re uncomfortable you can contact us and we can help with that. It is important to us that everyone involved feels they have a really positive experience.
- Please be reliable. Your host will only take on a small number of Chargees and charging slots – especially overnight ones will be limited. That means that a Chargee missing sessions will stop another Chargee from using those slots and cost the host money and time, which is very annoying for the Host. So please remember that the Host is under no obligation to continue to accept your bookings, and it’s important to only book the sessions you need, turn up on time (even if you don’t need much charge) and make sure the Host knows as early as possible if you’re going to miss a session. (Incidentally the app will let you start a charge up to an hour early and at any time during the booked period- but do communicate with the Host if you do need to be flexible on timing.)
- The whole concept of Co Charger is fairly new and it is bound to evolve over time. If you have any concerns, queries or ideas, we’d really like to hear from you! You can do it via the app or on the website.
Covid 19 precautions
We find ourselves rolling out Co Charger amid the odd circumstances presented by a global pandemic. As a Chargee it is vital that you and your Host find ways to keep the whole process “Covid Safe”. There should be no need for you to be too close to your Host, or even to touch the same items as part of the process – but please do just take sensible precautions to ensure you and your host are protected.